Thursday, April 10, 2008

Discovering Spring

This is my first spring in 30 years.
The last time I saw a spring I was 15 years old and had other things on my mind than watching nature wake up from a long winter.
I have lived in Florida for 30 years. You didn't much notice spring. As a gardener you noticed the impatients getting leggy and maybe Home Depot was starting to sell some summer flowers. But that was it.
I now live in Asheville NC. My paradise. My husband and I dreamed about living here for the last 10 years. Every morning now, I look for what has changed from the day before. New growth on our trees. Beautiful pinks and reds. More flowers sprouting up. Bumble bees and the sounds of birds. The hostas growing. A turkey walking past my window. It is all so beautiful! It is all so inspiring!

No comments: